Monday, September 15, 2014

A Ramble On Roses


A ramble on roses feels like a charming way to start a new week, a delightful interlude into the cozy, comfy months of fall just around the bend. Do you like fall? I think it’s one of my favourite seasons. There are pumpkins everywhere even in your favourite coffee shop treat and your scarf just seems to fit so snuggly around your neck against those crisp evening winds.



I like to think of flowers as earthbound stars and besides my other floral favourite, roses seem to bloom and alight with a song of their own that sings to my heart. And so as a precursor to fall, I thought a ramble on roses only fitting; something beautiful in nature to delight in and remember on a blurry afternoon when spring seems only too far away.



Roses have a romance of their own, not only in colour but variety. I have in my library more than one volume detailing the different kinds of roses and their history.  Every girl loves to receive a rose or two or perhaps by the dozen but I also like roses in their natural habitat. The thought of a rosebush somehow reminds me of a fairytale and reading about the homegrown rose garden of one of my favourite singers in this book, won me over completely.



There’s so much beauty gifted to us in nature, a constant reminder of the glorious beauty of our Creator who leaves us a reminder that we can keep indoors, in a keepsake vase on a stack of books by our night table in the shape of an earthbound star called a rose.



1 comment:

  1. I love roses too! Thanks for sharing this beautiful post and pictures.

    xxEmily

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you, don't be shy! And come say hello on Instagram and Twitter @Bella_Millou