Friday, September 12, 2014

Debussy Meets Badgley Mischka

Of course I'm not done with Fashion Week! My last post was part I of 2 and I've saved my favourite for today.

Do you like Debussy? Perhaps you've heard Claire De Lune and if you didn't know what it was, a popular love story featuring two star crossed teen- lovers probably introduced you to this beautiful and enchanting composition.

Listen: Claire De Lune
By: Francois- Joel Thiollier
Composer: Debussy

. . .  and imagine:


. . .  a cerulean sky, streamed with cotton candy clouds, twilight around the bend and a soft ocean breeze. I loved this piece for the delightful deep peach colour that's not quite orange. It's so floaty, for want of a better word, elegant with a hint of play.


Tiers, remind me of childhood dresses, being a princess and sparkling like the stars. I find myself going Gatsby again with this dress and I love the beaded detail on the neckline that falls into a curtain of light.


And my absolute favourite - gold, aquamarine and a beaded bodice. The perfect dress for a midsummer night's ball. These tiers are vertical instead of horizontal and beautifully placed, it gives the impression of floating on water or having sea foam at your feet.

. . . . all delicate and delightful like Claire De Lune.








1 comment:

  1. Your style is so feminine and playful. I was so happy I discovered your blog:)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you, don't be shy! And come say hello on Instagram and Twitter @Bella_Millou