Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Fashion Week 2014 : Spring In Prague With Beethoven

I find beauty and inspiration in so many different realms and fashion just happens to be one of them. To me fashion is both fun and poetic, serious and playful, frivolous in some ways yet awe-inspiring in others. Being at a runway show is an opportunity to see a moving work of art and that experience changed my appreciation for fashion as an art form forever.

This week has been no exception with beautiful pieces for Spring 2015 on show at MB Fashion Week NY. Instead of a general round up so to speak, I picked out a few pieces that matches my take on spring and of course - relevant musical accompaniment:


Listen: Symphony No.1 in C Major
Op.21: 111 Ardante Cantabele con moto
Composer - Beethoven







Sensual textures and lush soft mauve for this look by Marissa Webb. I've always had a think for matching hosiery and shoes and the deep black hue lends a perfect contrast to the soft tone of the outfit, the pockets are also chic too. Perfect for tucking away little wildflowers.








Playful and  delightful with a vintage flair by Jenny Packham. This so look to me is so youthful, light and fresh. It makes me think of twirling in a field of daisies or being in The Great Gatsby.






 
This dress by  Monique Lhuillier is both soft and architectural. Her entire collection was a seamless blend of ethereal  pieces, floral and bead accents and edgy combinations that still managed to resonate with femininity.



I like to think of my selections as a backdrop to a day in Paris or perhaps Prague - chic morning brunch, afternoon fun and an evening spent taking in the classical arts.



What about you? Did you find any hearts in this years Fashion Week presentation?












No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you, don't be shy! And come say hello on Instagram and Twitter @Bella_Millou