Wednesday, September 24, 2014

One Step To Beautiful

Image Source Unknown



Last night I realized that it's been a week of animal cuteness here on the blog and on my instagram feed.  Purely coincidental. On Monday it was puppy love, last Friday it was bunny love and today it's swan love. I'm not sure of the image credit for the photo above but it touches my heart. A little swan begins so gently and unassumingly - perhaps unaware of the beautiful bird it will one day become. . .

This image made me think about dreams and tomorrows and the steps we take to make our tomorrows our todays. Each one brings us closer to beautiful, closer to the dream we must inhabit as our own, closer to living in truth and purpose.

Every day is a chance to begin anew yet continue what we started the day before. It's also a moment of possibility, filled with choice - that is the choice to pick up where we left off, give up or begin again.

When I began my training in Fine Art I was both awed and overwhelmed by the awesomeness of works created by artists before me and my contemporaries. I wondered how they did what they did and if I would ever do the same one day - hopefully in this lifetime I thought back then.

But as I reached passed my fear I saw beyond the 'illusion' and into the truth of the matter. All artists who are truly dedicated to their craft commit themselves to one step to beautiful as I like to call it. That is steady, daily action in their training, technical mastery or competition of a body of work. Awesomeness happens everyday when we simply show up and do the work - one phrase at a time, one brushstroke after another until one day, we, like the little swan, emerge into something beautiful. Giving to others something of ourselves that will grace them with love.





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you, don't be shy! And come say hello on Instagram and Twitter @Bella_Millou